Friday, December 28, 2007

Second Day

Second day ended today: After arriving to Israel I met up with my girlfriend and moved into our new apartment in Nachloaot. Very nice place. A little disappointed with the lack of heat, but I knew that that would be an issue thanks to the other Aliyah blogs i have had the benefit of being able to prepare myself better than any of my other trips to Israel. Luckily, my girlfriend the Israeli had that angle already cover with a heater from "Planero".

I tried to set up a bank account. However, my ID number hasn't gone through as of yet. So I have no bank account, no cellphone, and no health insurance. This should all be taken care of by mid next week I hope.

My Hebrew is non conversational. However, I have a good base from a year and half of college study. A lot of it has been forgotten over the last year two years. However, brushing up is easy and my reading is still on a 3rd grade level which is better than a kindergarten level.


Tomorrow or Sunday i will hopefully be able to get some pictures up of my trip, I mean my life.


No comments: