Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Aliyah

I will be stepping into JFK to make my Aliyah tommrow. I feel excited, I feel scared. This will be the first time I will have the opportunity to venture out into the world on my own. Little finances, little belongings, a brand new BA in Psyc and wild fears of unemployment and poverty in a land where I cannot speak the native language. Things seem a tad unsure at this very moment, just graduating college puts me in a position where i have never had a career to even pursue and now I will be in a brand new country with brand new people. I know i can work hard, so i figure that something will pop up in the future. Right now I intend to focus on Ulpan and finding an Ulpan close to my neighborhood.

So as it turns out I fell in love with an Israeli in college and I am now joining her to live in Israel for the time being. I figure I can build a world for myself over there and be a good member of Israeli society. Its not the only reason of course I have always been a Zionist since I learned of zionism and believe that the State of Israel is a haven for all Jews. However, everyone keeps telling me the horror stories of failed aliyahs based on love and I hope I can be successful in my coming journey.

No comments: